This is a big year for Dreamforce! For the first time since 2019, Dreamforce will be in-person with an expected 35,000+ attendees. You might be new to Dreamforce or you might need a quick refresher after the nearly three-year hiatus and TaskRay has you covered with our top tips and tricks. We’re here to help you navigate the event, from the smallest details to setting your goals for attendance.
Our Top 10 Tips and Tricks for Dreamforce
1. Wear comfortable shoes, everyone else is too.
2. If you are used to riding with Uber or Lyft, Dreamforce is the time to take a taxi. They are much more abundant and you won’t have to wait 20+ minutes for a car to get you to all those events.
3. Remember, no one gets promoted after midnight at Dreamforce!
4. Hit the Cloud Expo floor at any time other than the free day and try to go during off hours. The booth staff will have more time and attention for you.
5. Stock up on water and snacks at Walgreens or Trader Joe’s and store them in your hotel room before day one begins. There will be long lines EVERYWHERE, and dehydration means you can’t enjoy the events.
6. Share your cell phone number with your colleagues that are there with you.
7. Be picky with the swag you collect. You have to get them home at the end of the event!
8. 10s of thousands of eventgoers will be in line for coffee before the day starts. They scouted out the same nearby coffee shops you did. If you get an in-room coffee maker and a travel mug, it will save you stress and pain.
9. Plan your sessions ahead of time with the app. The floor is chaos, the meeting rooms are all over the place. Some of the sessions are repeated, some are not. In my experience, the ones that are repeated are more valuable. Remember: a failure to plan is a plan for failure.”
10. Don’t try to do it all! Just focus on a few key sessions and events to truly enjoy and learn from, there’s always next year!
One of our favorite parts of Dreamforce is the opportunity to connect with our community, so please be sure to stop by and say hello. We’d love to meet you!